My name is Justin Scoggin and I am a teacher trainer at Universidad Casa Grande in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
Through this blog I aim to chronicle and reflect on the process of training University teachers to design and deliver online classes. Some of them have previously given their classes on site and are learning to redesign them for online delivery while others will be giving their classes for the first time online.
The training program consists of five 7-week modules.
- The first module introduces teachers to relevant web 2.0 tools,
- the second to Moodle and syllabus design,
- the third to activity design,
- the fourth to assessment strategies, both of activities and of entire courses,
- and the fifth module introduces teachers to basic facilitating strategies.